Tuesday 30 October 2018

Singapore Airlines Schedule Change: A380 suites Downgrade

Airlines normally releases award seat at different time, therefore we normally booked the award travel far in advance. I have booked Singapore Airlines A380 new suites to Hong Kong, however they have downgraded my flight to the same A380 but with the old suites. This is a massive sadness as the reason of this hong kong trip was to try out the new A380 suites.



Literally from this:


To this:


I know it does sound like a First World Problem and some people will be like stop complaining, I am just flying economy, but Singapore Airlines has blocked the new suites seats for the most expensive award. I could have redeemed the old suites with 37,500 Krisflyer instead of 70,000 Krisflyer, which they only allow us to book on the new suites.

What can I do? Nothing much to be honest. You can't control the airlines aircraft change, I suspected that the reason they change the aircraft was there's a huge demands on the flight, or there were shortage of the new A380.

However, you could try to ask for compensation, which a lot of airlines will not entertain you on this. Singapore airlines tends to provide 5000-10,000 Krisflyer miles as a goodwill gesture if you have a significant service issue, including an equipment swap. You could write a complaint using the feedback form provided at the website.

I have called to their number and make a complaint. At first they were reluctant to provide me any compensation as it is still suites. I did mentioned to them that it's a very different suites and the new suites is bigger and they have a bigger toilet as well. I ask them to write in a compensation request on this matter.

They have called back after that saying the management has agreed to paid 10,000 krisflyer for compensation. Which is still far less of what I have loss. It's better than nothing to be honest.

This is still a massive sadness for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment